Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thankful

I had seen several people on Facebook and many of my blogging friends spending the entire month of November expressing thanks for specific things each day or each week. Well, I missed the boat on that one, so I am going to try and make up for here, on this last day of November!

First and foremost, I am thankful for my precious savior, Jesus Christ and the love and mercy of my Heavenly Father. In the last 9 weeks I have learned so much about God's love and mercy and His priceless gift of salvation for us. My worth is nothing, His is matchless and unable to describe. I deserve no less than the wrath He has for my sins. I have learned that the closer you draw to God, the clearer our sins become and the more we see just how unrighteous we are. This is so true! But praise God He loved us more than our sins and He allowed us way to spend eternity with Him, even though we do not deserve it! I am so thankful for my God and my Savior! Through Christ we have hope in the sad, hard and confusing times and we have joy and happiness in the good times! God has never promised us that life will be easy or happy 100% of the time. But He has promised that He will be with us through those times of sadness and difficult days. He calls us to be unwavering in our faith so that HE may receive the glory under Heaven and our treasures will be stored up in Heaven! Praise GOD!
God has also been so good to us through providing health for our family and for blessing with a beautiful home place to raise our children. May we always be good stewards of what He has given to us so that His name is glorified!
Thank you God for your unchanging, unconditional love for us and for your amazing gift of Salvation through Christ Jesus!

 Secondly, I am thankful for my husband. Alan has always been a rock in my life through times when I have needed guidance and strength when I have felt so weak. He is a godly man, who works hard so that I can stay at home with our 2 boys.

Alan prays for me and for our marriage and our children daily and I am blessed to have a god-fearing man who has a passion to be more Christ-like. Not to mention is a SUPER-DADDY! :) God knew just what I needed when He sent me Alan and for that I am THANKFUL!

I am also so very thankful for my children. God has gifted me with the sweetest, smartest, funniest, (cutest!) ;-) and silliest little boys! Each one has their very own personality! Logan is so tenderhearted and so sweet and smart. Ford is so determined, smart and such a loving little boy. God is so amazing how He gives parents such a sense of privilege over their children. If that didn't make sense, what I mean is, don't all of you parents out there just sit and go "Man! I am so lucky to have this kid as my own. He/she is just so ....." We all do that, don't we? Just feel so privileged to have them as our child. I do, anyway. So if you don't, then maybe my kids ARE extra special!! ;-) Seriously, though, God has richly blessed us and our family and I am so thankful for my two precious little boys!
Logan: only a few days after coming home from the hospital!

Logan: 4 1/2 years old.

Ford: only a few days after coming home from the hospital!

Ford: 2 years old.

God has blessed Alan and I with a terrific extended family. The love and support and prayers we are shown and receive by parents, brothers and sister in laws, nieces and nephews, cousins, aunts and uncles is dear to us. There is nothing greater than the loving, earthly family God has given to each of us and we are so thankful for ours.

God has also blessed us with an amazing group of godly friends. Alan and I have found accountability partners and confidants in our extended group of friends who love us and pray for us. Alan and I are firm believers that as a young married couple, it is vital to have Christian friends who pray for you and who encourage you to nurture your marriage and can relate to you and your daily struggles. In addition to having a Christian family as a foundation, I also believe having a solid group of Christian friends is an important element to a strong foundation in your growth in Christ. It is a hard walk to walk sometimes, but having godly friends walk it with you and most importantly PRAY for you, is incredible! Each friend has a significance and a special purpose and for that I am thankful. Thank you to all our dear friends and thank you God for placing each one of them in our lives!

I would have posted pictures of our extended family and friends, but there are SO many, I would have been here all day! :)

There is so much to be thankful for in my life. So much to think about and reflect on during one of the most exciting and amazing holidays! God is good and we are so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment